Import Local Folders From Thunderbird To Outlook – Query Solved
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email client that allows you to manage several profiles. Thunderbird used IMAP and POP protocols to manually configure accounts. By default, Thunderbird creates a Local directory to save its data. MBOX is the standard format used by the Thunderbird application. So the emails kept by Thunderbird in the Local Directory Folder in a no-extension MBOX file on the system. The most common query is How to Import Local Folders from Thunderbird to Outlook or any other application like Outlook 365.
If you have such demand where you need an easy approach to import Thunderbird Local folders to Outlook, then yes, you are just in right place. Here with this blog, you will get the easiest approach to export your local folders to Outlook, Outlook 365 without down your folder structure.
Where Thunderbird Stored Their Local Folders on Mac?
Here, we are providing methods that can be use to find Thunderbird Local Folders in your Mac OS system. To search Thunderbird profile on Mac Machine, you need to follow the mentioned steps.
- Start the Mac machine and go to the Finder window
- Click on the Go Menu and navigate to the Go to Folder. Also, you can straight use Command+Shift+G to open Go to option
- Now, type ~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/(Profile name)/. Enter the profile name which you need to open into the place of the profile name. Just in case you are not aware of the profile name, then remove the profile name from the path.
- Lastly, hit the Go button and it will open the Mozilla Thunderbird Profile Directory
Note: If the above directory does not work, use this (~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird/Profiles/.)
“Hi, I work in a firm Digital Forensic Agency. I handled a case where I need to move all local folders from Thunderbird to my Outlook. It was urgent. I tried to transfer a few of them but fails to do that. Now, looking for a solution that transfers Thunderbird local folders to Outlook with complete attributes. All my data are crucial for my case. So data safety is my priority – James Neale (Ohio)“
“Hello, just because I shifted my job, I need an external tool that helps me to move my Thunderbird local folders with subfolders to the new Outlook location. I am having 130+ folders stored in the Thunderbird location. Help must be appreciated. Thank You. – William Cornish (California)“
How to Move Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?
After enabling IMAP and creating the app password, now start the course to move Thunderbird data to Outlook.
- Open the Thunderbird.
- After that click on the “ALT” key and after that go to the “Account Settings”.
- In the new tab, choose “Account Options” >> where click on “Add Mail Account”.
- Provide the login credentials of your Gmail account then hit “Done”.
- After that, both accounts will be configured.
- Now generate a fresh folder in your Gmail account.
- Now select the emails from an earlier account data and right click and pick “Move To” and choose the newly created folder.
After following all these steps you will transfer emails from Thunderbird to Gmail in the newly created folder. Next, the second step is to import Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
Step 2: Link Google Account to Outlook
- Open the Outlook app and go to the File.
- Click on the “Add Account” button.
- In the new window enter the login credentials of the email address and the correct password.
- Now the data will show on Outlook.
Drawbacks Of The Manual Approach
As you can see manual approach is very long and time taking. There are so many downsides like data loss, waste of time, errors, loss of email properties, data damage, etc. to perform a manual process you need to sound technical, naïve users cannot perform manual processes easily.
So, here is the easy way to perform the Thunderbird to Outlook migration task. You can take support from third-party tools to import Thunderbird Local Folders to Outlook.
A Smart Way to Import Local Folders From Thunderbird to Outlook
MacMister Thunderbird Converter is the easiest approach that can instantly Import all the Local Folders from Thunderbird to Outlook without any hurdles. The tool has several advanced features that make it a more powerful and technical program. Else tool has a very easy Graphical Interface for all kinds of users. Software is a completely independent tool so there is no need for Thunderbird or any other supportive tool to run the tool.
Download the Free Trial
Download the free trial version of the Thunderbird Converter for Mac tool that allows you to convert the first 20 emails from each Thunderbird Local Folder to Outlook.
Features of Tool
There are some amazing features of the tool that are mentioned below:
- Convert Emails, Calendars and Contacts separately
- Create separate PST files for each MBOX file separately
- Import all Thunderbird Local Folder to Outlook without any data loss
- Automatically load Thunderbird Local Folder
- Import complete Thunderbird data just in a few clicks
- Convert Emails with attachments
- Maintain folder data structure
- Emails portieres will remain the same during and after the conversion process
- Compatible with all Mac OS versions
Instructions to Import Thunderbird Local Folders to Outlook
Download and Install Thunderbird Converter for Mac and follow the instructions –
1 – Choose the preferred preferences and load the Thunderbird Local Folder
2 – Now, you can view the files list with the checkboxes you can uncheck or check as per your requirement. Click Next.
3 – From the saving options select the PST format and provide a location to save the output file.
Press the “Export” to start the conversion process.
In this blog, we have learned how to Import Thunderbird Local Folders to Outlook. If you go with a manual process then you may find lots of difficulties during the process and there is a high chance of data error and loss. So, we recommend you use the smart way which is Mac Thunderbird to PST tool to export all the Thunderbird local folder data with attachments.